COMING SOON
the alternative Minecraft network

Join 0 others // PLAY.MINEVIBE.NET

Game Idea Kingdoms Roleplay

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by FRANCOJ1119, Sep 13, 2018.

?

Would you like Factions Roleplay?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FRANCOJ1119

FRANCOJ1119 Member

Kingdoms is a faction server, a game were you make a base and start grinding for the economy, getting better loot and gear along the way in an SMP sort of fashion, eventually you would kill other players and raid their base and this cycle would continue. I know a few people out there enjoy the roleplay factor of MC, and would appreciate it if some roleplay was added to Kingdoms to have a little change to the cycle, in other words to make it unique.

People would be able to set up teams with there friends and make bases with each other. Maybe build a house to stay in it once they claimed the land they could even expand it to a mention and have many friends come over for a visit, they could build a amusement park and have the whole community hang out, or a stage were players would go on and do a funny dance or sing a happy song in VC. On some servers there's the marriage command were you can marry players in game, that option could be available but tbh I don't like marriage. there could be towns set up for people to live, maybe have clans and they could set up there own little kingdom. People can build castles and pretend to have a war like in the Fortnite 50 v 50 trailer.

Anyway this seems like something the community wants and it would be awesome to give it to them. To just have that little spark to the Kingdoms factions, and now that I think of it people can do much more with this feature added, it would make chat active and have the community closer together.

Thankyou for reading this short little game improvement.
    sorry for grammar mistakes I dident have my friend go over it.

-FRANCOJ1119

• Hmm Hmm x 2
  2. wpc

wpc Active Member
    Pro

I personally do not like the idea of adding "roleplay" to our current Kingdoms gamemode since factions is primarily pvp oriented. In factions itself, the main objective is to conquer enemy territory, kill off players and be the best of the best. Any type of roleplay would throw off the game style of people taking things seriously. In reality, you want a factions gamemode to make people worried and overprotective about pretty much everything which in return will constantly make things exciting. If anything, the only thing I'd want added in terms of that is some sort of quest system that would give players miscellaneous rewards for completing them. The things you have listed people can still easily do on their own if they wish to, but nothing game mechanic wise is changing.

EDIT: Added some more stuff to this message based on invaderr's response. (Thanks!)

• Love Love x 2
    • Hmm Hmm x 2
  3. invaderr

invaderr Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator Staff Development Community Team

Hello there,

I for one have never played any role-play in Minecraft. It may be an issue with my interpretation but it does seem like the utilisation of role-play in our version of Kingdoms really distances itself from the combat-aspect of this gamemode. This is Factions with a unique twist but ultimately it is about conquering land and fighting other collectives. I would like it to be a challenging gamemode with different things to overcome (like a story) but do not want to stray away from classical Factions too much. I do not think that this would be a negative addition however I personally dislike it and do not see why it is necessary. I would love to hear others' input, though.

Thanks,
    invaderr

4. Netx

Netx Developer
    Developer

Roleplay in a game where you need to be strategic in making allies and enemies as well as trying to conquer over kingdoms to come out on top of everyone else is kind of redundant - it defeats the purpose of the game.

Sure, you can roleplay with your friends if you really want to, but there's no reason to change the game to integrate any kind of "roleplay features".